Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dogs and diaper rash?!?

Thanks to Uncle Tyler for coming to see us. As you can tell, Makena loves him. He was making her laugh so loud in this picture by nibbling on her toes. It was hilarious. She went from this in her cute little outfit from Granny. (Grammy, she wore the blue dress and looked really cute, but I neglected to get a picture.)
Then her tummy was hurting so I turned her over thinking she would go potty but instead in one minute she had fallen asleep. She was tired after her play time with Uncle T.This was after Poop-a-la-palooza. After Makena's nap we thought she had gone to the bathroom so I went to change her. In the process of getting her diaper back on she decided to finish going to the bathroom. I thought I was safe since the diaper caught it all then the next little grunt left poo all over my hand, the table, and on the floor. I decided next stop was the bath tub. Afterwards, Tyler spent a little more time with Makena and then left for Rising Star. Thought these pics we cute of the two of them.

Well as a mom diaper rash becomes a daily battle. However, I didn't know I would be battling it both with Makena and Riggins. I took Riggins to the vet today because his testicles (sorry if that offends anyone) were very swollen, red, dry and cracked. I expected that he might have allergies again. It seems to be a summer thing with him. However, much to my surprise she told me he has a heat rash and the best thing to do for it is treat it like it is diaper rash along with some antibotics. So I got him started on his antibotics, steroid spray for pain and diaper ointment for dry skin. I guess all the swimming and running through the field in Rising Star for the last two weeks just took it out of him. This is what a dog with diaper rash looks like after a trip to the farm. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that putting diaper rash ointment on a dog's junk ranks right up there with changing an elderly person's diaper. No thank you! Riggins better be thankful that you are his mom. If he was mine, he would be required to take care of that himself! :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete